This time of year has evolved for me as I’ve gotten older. I take stock more, thank more, and I buy…. less. What I do buy, well, I try to support small and independent shops as much as I can.
I’ve done the thing where I buy the super clearance deals from the big boxes and we end up with piles of (cheap) toys under the tree that I wind up donating (or trashing the ones that break) within 6 months. Now, I focus on quality over quantity (though I’ll admit I’m a sucker for a cyber deal every now and then). The extra warm and fuzzies that come from knowing my purchase is helping a friend pay their bills or buy their own family holiday gifts is the icing on the gingerbread cookie.
I’m fortunate to know so many tremendous people in my life who are making a living off of shops that sell stuff we need and want. Cotton Babies is just one of those, and I’m thrilled they are sponsoring this post.
Cotton Babies has been immensely supportive of me over the years, and it’s no secret we have a long-standing working relationship. But also? They are just plain ol’ GOOD people who treat other people well.
And they were the very first company to step up to sponsor the Warrior Mom Conference for survivors of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. I can’t even express how much that means to me and so many other people.
You may not know that Cotton Babies sells so much more than diapers! Here are just a few of my favorite items you can get from them, in the spirit of celebrating businesses I want to support, and who support me.
- Piggy Paint 3-D Nail Art A super stocking stuffer for anyone who likes to dress up their nails, especially if their nails are on the tiny side. $5.98
- Petunia Pickle Bottom Embossed Carried Away Laptop Case For anyone who wants to travel and work in style. $52
- Finn + Emma Wooden Heart Tattoo Teether For your bad-to-the-bone baby who’s still a softie for mom. $15.20
- California Baby Bubble Bath 2 pack Calming and gentle bubbles that anyone can enjoy. A bottle for baby, a bottle for mom. $25
- Plan Toys Baby Car We have this and it’s an awesome toy to keep in your purse. Big kids love racing it, littles love chewing on it. $11.20
- E = More Coffee tee by Cotton Babies, Inc. When nerdom and motherhood collide. $24.95
- Kate Quinn Organics Footie Jumpsuit For when you want your baby to look like an adorable elf, which is always. $16.00
- Skip Hop Zoo Storage Bin Fill this with an assortment of balls and call it a toddler’s dream come true. $12.80
- ERGObaby Travel Collection carrier Simple, sleek, super comfortable, and compact. Perfect for a babywearing dad (or mom – one of my favs). $135
- Oball Three Play Pack Oball toys are super for little fingers that are mastering that pincer grasp. You pick three. I’m partial to the car. $19.96
- Flip Diaper Covers Whether you stuff them with organic cotton inserts or you use it to wrap up a disposable diaper (great for preventing blowouts!), it’s a super useful item for any family with babies or toddlers. They even make adorable swim diapers! And the Albert print could not be cooler. $14.95
- Juniorbeads by Chewbeads Because my 4 year old still puts everything in her mouth, especially if it’s hanging around her neck. $19.50
- Gymnic Rody For all the energy you’ll need your kids to bounce out while you’re snowed in this winter. $44.76
- Aden + Anais Organic Muslin Swaddle- Bloom For all the little tiny babies who need snuggled and swaddled. Trust me when I say this is the softest thing ever. $16
Have and love any of these items? Let us know! And don’t forget to support the small businesses you love this holiday season.