The StoryToddlers I Took The Kids To The Pool. By Myself. by Jill May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012 It went a little something like this. Soo… yay summer! 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Moms Pregnancy Guide Available now: Amazon | Barnes & Noble pie charttaking kids to the pool previous post Leftover Coffee + Coffee Ice Cubes = Easiest Iced Coffee Ever next post 5 Composition Rules for Every Photography Level Keep reading Saying Goodbye To The Mom I Needed To... Nothing Prepared Me For My 2 Year Old’s... I’ll Never Apologize For These Selfies I Can’t Be Bothered To Care About A... If Your Kid Loves Dump Trucks & Garbage... The Sunscreen Struggle Is Real I Am Breastfeeding My Toddler Around The Country Save Big At Build-A-Bear With NO LINES! How To Get Started With Baby Sign Language The 2017 Baby Rabies Holiday Gift Guide 8 comments Lauren May 18, 2012 - 12:39 am Yep, that looks about right. Also, giving out snacks/drinks and then chasing them down as they attempt to take the snack into the pool (that’s like, at least 30% of our pool time). And glaring at the bigger kids who are playing too rough too closely to my kid (that’s the other 70%). Reply Chris @ CleverFather May 18, 2012 - 12:59 am Good job! I was honestly expecting the purple portion to be too small to see! All thats missing is the time spent dodging other people’s crazy kids so you don’t inadvertently drown a kid. Reply Laura May 18, 2012 - 7:52 am My husband, who is a teacher and off all summer, thinks that he is going to spend all day at the pool everyday with our 2 y/o and 3 month old. He thinks it is going to be easy. “We’ll just go to the pool everyday. It will be easy”, he says. I just laugh and laugh. Reply molly May 18, 2012 - 9:45 am Ha! So true. Reply Ellen May 18, 2012 - 10:12 am I don’t understand where you’re going wrong — my pool time is at least 80% with a 4 yo & 22 month old. ;-p Reply Mar May 18, 2012 - 10:28 am Haha! Prep takes so much work. I have TONS of experience taking 3 under 4 to the pool (and elsewhere….), so here are my tips to cut down on prep time. 1) I keep a pre-packed pool bag in my car and ready to go. Swim dipes, suits, towels, sunscreen, floaties, etc. After we swim I replenish whatever we need for next time and put it back in the car. 2) Spray on no rub sunscreen. I have them line up side by side with arms and legs out and spray the backside, they turn, I spray the front side. I use a stick on their faces and ears. Two minutes tops, and that includes chasing the littlest! 3) No arm floaties. Those things always get stuck. If you want to use a floatie the puddle jumper is easier on/off and doesn’t require any air. For tube floaties and such you can use an air pump, either a foot kind or one that plugs into your dash. Good luck!! Reply Karla @ www.madeinearlysville.com June 12, 2012 - 8:31 pm Pretty much sums up my summer days! Reply Lindsey Philbrick July 12, 2013 - 10:01 pm Amen! I hate taking the kids to the pool! Reply Leave a Comment Cancel Reply Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.