Notes For Blogher12
1. Friends are worth more than swag. I should spend more time with friends and less time with people trying to give me free stuff. People send free stuff to my door every week. Nobody ever puts any of these ladies in my mailbox. My heart hurts over how little time I spent with each of them (and others not pictured).
2. I’m not sure the full conference pass is worth the money for me anymore. I went to 2 sessions, one Friday and one Saturday. They were both lovely, but I’m not sure I learned anything I couldn’t have taken away from the live blogs posted after the conference. (Oh yeah, did you know those exist? ) I might do the Party/Expo pass next year, but still go to Pathfinder Day. THAT day was extremely valuable to me.
4. Do not even bother with bringing the DSLR next year. I didn’t even have time to take pictures with my point & shoot, and barely with my iPhone. My Canon was just a burden the whole time.
5. The iPad, bluetooth Zagg keyboard combo was a total win. I’m so glad I didn’t lug my laptop there with me.
6. Pack protein bars… and a steak… or 2 (because BethAnne will love me forever if I share with her).
7. Bring a water bottle because, apparently, it’s not a sure thing that you’ll receive 3 of them upon checkin, unless next year is the year of the water bottle again…. since it’s in NYC, again.
8. Bring major zit fighting cream. Not because I broke out this year (San Diego was nice to me like that), but because I had a zit that was trying to see the Statue of Liberty from my chin all last year (in NYC, it was mean to me like that).
9. Smile, breathe, smile, be nice, breathe, smile.
10. Print blog logo alongside Twitter avatar to stick on my name badge so people aren’t all, “Baby Raaaaaabies??? That sounds…. familiar.” (I think people would recognize others and be recognized much more if everyone walked around with pictures of their Twitter avatars over their faces.)
That’s it. I’m done. Now I’ll shut up about Blogher.
Until next year.
Wait, one more thing. Don’t forget to enter the $500 prize pack giveaway from BornFree, my Blogher conference sponsor. It’s open to US and Canada residents, doesn’t matter if you went to Blogher or not, they’re drawing a winner August 22nd.