- Each blog may submit ONE photo (not a collage, not a video, not a drawing) of an elf being “inappropriate.” You can, of course, put as many pictures up on your own blog (to tell your elf’s story if you’d like) but you need to select only one to enter.
- You don’t have to have kids or even celebrate Christmas to participate. You don’t even have to have “that elf” that is pictured above. All you have to do is get an elf and take a picture of it that will make people laugh. That’s it.
- If you don’t have a blog, I recommend setting up a Tumblr account. It’s free and super easy. Your photo will need to be hosted on your blog or tumblr to submit it. It will also need to be viewable by the public.
- Keep your elves PG-13. These are inappropriate elves, not racist, ignorant, or pornographic elves. Use your discretion. I can tell you, the winner will NOT be something beyond “inappropriate.” In other words? Use your head and get creative, like last year’s winner Cut A Hole In A Box Elf by Adventure Mama
- By entering this contest, you are granting Jill Krause & BabyRabies.com rights to re-publish your entry picture on this blog, in print or television media, and on other social media platforms with credit given to you.
- Entries will open November 24th, 2012. Voting begins December 7th, 2012. Entries will close at 11:59 p.m. CST on December 18th, 2012.
- BabyRabies.com and HaHasForHooHas.com will decide on the top 10 elves by December 20th.
- A guest panel of judges will consider the top 10 and vote on first and second place between the December 20th and the 23rd.
- The top 3 most “liked” elves will automatically make the top 10.
- The Fan Favorite (most liked – or voted for) elf will automatically win a Nintendo 3ds UNLESS they win first or second place. In that case, they may choose to give up their Nintendo 3ds for the first or second prize. If the Fan Favorite wins first or second place, the 3rd place elf will be awarded the prize not chosen by first or second place.
- By entering the contest, you are agreeing to all the rules above. Jill Krause (BabyRabies.com) has the right to remove any content not in compliance with these rules, and to disqualify entrants who use dishonest techniques to increase their votes.
- Anyone may enter the contest, but winners not residing within the US or Canada may be responsible for shipping fees of their prizes.
- In order for the linky tools to recognize your entry and allow it, you must include a link back to the official contest post - http://www.babyrabies.com/2012/11/inappropriate-elf-contest-2012/ You can do this by simply typing “Check out my Inappropriate Elf!” or whatever else you’d like to say, highlighting it, and hyperlinking the text, pointing it back to the official link.
Now, let’s get inappropriate. Click through to this post to enter.