These recipes are featured in my book, 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Moms Pregnancy Guide. Available on Amazon.
A lot of moms completely lose the desire to have an adult beverage when morning sickness sets in. But when those clouds part in the second trimester, some of us really start to miss our happy hour faves.
Whether you enjoyed cocktails prior to pregnancy or not, mocktails are a fun way to treat yourself while pregnant and after–no special occasion required. Here are a few of my favorite recipes.
Apple Cinnamon MOCKscow Mule
- Ice 1/4 to 1/2 lime
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- 4 ounces apple cider
- Pinch ground cinnamon, for garnish
- 1 thin apple slice, for garnish
(You could also substitute a splash or orange juice and garnish with a wedge. Be creative and find your signature style. Ask a bartender to make this when you’re out for brunch with girlfriends- feels like a treat!)
- Fill a mug halfway with ice, then squeeze the lime over the ice.
- Pour in the ginger beer, followed by the apple cider.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, and garnish with the apple slice.
Faux Rosé All Day
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice
- 6 ounces club soda
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- In a champagne flute, add the grapefruit juice, followed by the club soda.
- Add the grenadine syrup and gently stir with a cocktail straw.
Beer Belly Rita
- 1 wedge lime, plus 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt, for the glass
- 6 ounces nonalcoholic beer
- 6 ounces limeade
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a glass.
- Pour kosher salt on a plate in a thin layer. Flip the glass over and press the rim into the layer of salt.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice. Pour in the nonalcoholic beer, followed by the limeade.
- Squeeze the 1/2 lime on top, and gently stir.
This post contains affiliate links.