Every now and then someone will question or comment about why I don’t write and share more about Leyna.
Listen, I promise she’s not some poor, neglected middle child.
I try to be careful about only sharing what is my story to share, and as my kids get older, the story becomes more and more theirs.
But mostly, she’s just… not putting up with my shit, not having any part of my Instagram game. Every now and then I’ll luck out, or I’ll literally PAY her to take pictures (when it’s part of a blog campaign that I’m getting paid for, which I think is only fair).
She really just doesn’t enjoy posing for me, or modeling, or showing off stuff. Or standing still. Or looking at me if I’m holding a camera.
As evidence, here are 9 times Leyna just could NOT with me and my camera:
1. Just this past weekend at A Day Out With Thomas…
Can you… not?
Oh, I’m sorry. Were you trying to get us to all take a picture? TraLaLaLaLa! After I finish this jig. Maybe. Prolly not.
2. At the pumpkin patch
3. For this project that I PAID HER FOR
4. At her birthday party
Yeah, if you could just not mess up the makeup… mmmmhmmm… air kissses! Are we done?
5. Basically every normal day of her life
Um, it’s a cup? With a straw? I’m drinking water? Is this.. worth documenting?
6. When she just wanted a freaking cupcake and everyone was doing the Chicken Dance
7. That Easter she just wanted to eat her Peeps in private
8. When I brought her to her brother’s football practice
9. Every. single. time. those damn bluebonnets bloom
No, but really, you need more of that bluebonnet protest in your life. Go read this classic post now.