They’re coming. They’re growing restless in their dark boxes.
They’re whispering in your attic.
They’re plotting their naughty adventures.
They aren’t just here to watch your kids and threaten them into good behavior.
They’re here… for the party. And they are ready to be inappropriate.
Yes, friends. The 2nd Annual Inappropriate Elf contest is launching soon.
And prizes? You bet there will be prizeS! WITH AN S! AS IN MORE THAN ONE!
Not only am I giving away an iPad Mini from Passionfruit Ads this year, but my favorite camera store Adorama has stepped in with an even bigger prize – the newly released Nikon 1 V2 mirrorless camera and lens! Also, the elf with the most fan votes will win a Nintendo 3Ds, provided by me.
Mark your calendars and prepare the elves!
Entries will open Saturday, the 24th of November, in the evening.
I will have more details for you then with the official launch post.
What you need to know for now is:
- Each blog may submit ONE photo (not a collage, not a video, not a drawing) of an elf being “inappropriate.” You can, of course, put as many pictures up on your own blog (to tell your elf’s story if you’d like) but you need to select only one to enter.
- You don’t have to have kids or even celebrate Christmas to participate. You don’t even have to have “that elf” that is pictured above. All you have to do is get an elf and take a picture of them that will make people laugh. That’s it.
- If you don’t have a blog, I recommend setting up a Tumblr account. It’s free and super easy. Your photo will need to be hosted on your blog or tumblr to submit it. It will also need to be viewable by the public.
- Keep your elves PG-13. These are inappropriate elves, not racist, ignorant, or pornographic elves. Use your discretion. I can tell you, the winner will NOT be something beyond “inappropriate.” In other words? Use your head and get creative, like last year’s winner Cut A Hole In A Box Elf by Adventure Mama
Here’s a description of what the MPAA considers PG-13. (Please note this contest is not at all intended to be viewed by children. This is adult fun.)
If you are looking for an elf, I have seen them at Target (in the book section), Barnes & Noble and on Amazon (affiliate link).
Remember how much fun we had last year? If you need a refresher, are new to this whole Inappropriate Elf thing, or you just need to get your hilarious elf fix between now and the 24th, check out these posts from last year:
- The one that started it all! 5 Highly Inappropriate & Traumatizing Elf On The Shelf Ideas
- The one where I launched the contest – Inappropriate Elf Contest, Starring Inappropriate Elf
- And the winner was…. – The Moment All Inappropriate Elves Have Been Waiting For
To make your elf easier to pose amidst their mischief, check out this tutorial from Dirty Diaper Laundry.
And for even more elf fun, check out Elf Shaming!
I can’t wait to see what your elves have been up to this year! And don’t worry, you don’t HAVE to enter ON the 24th. Entries will be open until December 18th, and voting won’t start until December 7th.
Powered by Sidelines